Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl: Oh, the Woes of High School...

I don't know about any of you, but when I was in high school the only fight I ever got into was a floor hockey brawl with a boy named Mark who crosschecked me into the gymnasium wall.  That was pretty much the extent of my adolescent violence.  I don't ever remember having to flex my Franken-muscles against the local vampiress in order to keep my boyfriend.  But then again, I have a bad memory.

The title Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl pretty much speaks for itself. 




VS.



This ain't no Sex in the City cat-fight.  This is Monami (the teenage vampire) and Keiko (the re-animated Frankenstein) duking it out for the love of Mizushima (the high school heartthrob).  Boy, did this guy get dealt a bad hand - no matter who he ends up with, he's going to be dealing with some serious baggage.  Don't let the charm of these pretty pictorials fool you; all the charming faces, long legs, and ample bosoms in the world can't negate the heinous attitudes these psychotic suitress' possess.  I've been trying to come up with an illustrative analogy for this film, but all comparisons fail me.  A cross between Mean Girls and Hostel, perhaps?  Twilight meets Dead Alive?  I'm still unconvinced that there is any combination of cinematic allegories that will do this film justice.  You just have to see it for yourself! 

Set to 60's Go-Go music and full of gratuitous violence, Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl is the latest film from the minds that brought you last year's sold-out Tokyo Gore Police.  This movie is not for the squeamish or the faint of heart, so if you can't stomach torn limbs, split skulls, and copious amounts of blood - stay at home.  For everyone else, get your tickets quick -  before they sell out!!  It's playing Thursday, Oct. 1st at The Plaza at 11:15PM, and again on Saturday, Oct. 3rd at the Plaza at 1:00PM.  Rated R. (Obviously.)