Friday, September 24, 2010

Opening Gala A Smash Hit — CIFF 2010 Officially Gets Underway Today


When TIFF premiered SCORE: A Hockey Musical, earlier this month, it was met with great reviews. No wonder CIFF decided to follow suit. There was an excellent turnout for this mainstream musical at the kick off last night.

Following the film, Writer/Director Michael McGowan (creator of the endearing road-trip story: One Week) talked about his passion for telling stories from a Canadian perspective.
McGowan is proud to have made something his own three kids, ranging in age from 7 to 11, can enjoy. He added: "I can make these films. I feel like the luckiest guy in Canada right now!"

Then it was time to party! The Gala event at Flames Central was the perfect venue, with a smouldering performance
as the evenings' highlight by Hawksley Workman. Not only did he co-write many of the songs featured in the film (with McGowan) but also played a role as Gump.

The ladies from Fashion Magazine gave me a glass of bubbly and I wandered over to get a look at the Sephora set-up where I met Natalie from the Chinook Centre store. This girl is one of the best in the business, trained at Blanche MacDonald in Vancouver and just back from Fashion Week in Toronto and TIFF. She has worked on Megan Fox and Hillary Swank so who am I to say no to a makeover, complete with smokin' eyes!

I'm ready for my close up...


Written by Diane Bennett