Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dad, Summer Camps, Crab Cakes - it's all here!

So, at the end of a ridiculously absurd day for me (the Curb Your
Enthusiasm soundtrack on repeat in my mind) - my Dad and I headed down for an early dinner at Embarcadero ( 208 17th Ave SE). The cozy restaurant features quite a selection of oysters and seafood dishes - which was great, because my dad hates fish.
 
Oh whatever guys, he ordered a 10 oz. AAA Alberta steak and LOVED IT! I
tried a bit myself, it was tender, seasoned well, and served with some
tasty veg. We both tried the french onion soup (I'd never had it before - wow. It's um... heavy to say the least. Again, Dad loved it!) and I
ordered the crab cakes which were just amazing. Soft, not overly salty,
and served with a tasty dill sour cream dip.
 
We were in a ridiculous rush in order to catch All Tomorrow's Parties,
which was AMAZING, by the way. Did you see it? Totally fantastic concert footage from a series of festivals held over 10 years in the UK at former summer camps. Just great! Photos to follow - I promise!
 
Thanks to the folks at Embarcadero's - and thanks to Avenue Magazine and American Express for helping to make this happen, and for their support of CIFF! You can grab a copy of their Guide To Great Food In Calgary at the CIFF box office (207 8th ave SW).
 
And if you'd like to visit yourself - until October 31st, with your
American Express card, you receive a three-course prix fixe menu at $25 for lunch and $40 for dinner before taxes! Check out
americanexpress.ca/calgaryselects for more info!